Welcome

cartoon school bus full of kids
Something about Me
Allow me to introduce myself. I am an elementary education student at the University of South Alabama. My name is Hannah Callais. My blog is about general thoughts and ideas on teaching. I am just now starting to observe in schools so any thoughts or criticism would be helpful. Don't be afraid to comment on any of my blogs to correct or point an angle I didn't see.
Thanks for all your help!!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Classroom

Class room arrangement is important, especially in an elementary class room.
When I was in school I was told to sit in the "T". If the desks were set up in rows the "T" is the first row and the middle column. Supposedly students who sit in the "T" do better than students who don't. And of course study after study reports that student who sit in the back do poorly.

Personally I think rows are a bad idea, due to the seat-education correlation. Wouldn't it be a better to arrange desks into groups or a circle? As long as all student can see the board and no one is facing a window.

No comments: