Welcome

cartoon school bus full of kids
Something about Me
Allow me to introduce myself. I am an elementary education student at the University of South Alabama. My name is Hannah Callais. My blog is about general thoughts and ideas on teaching. I am just now starting to observe in schools so any thoughts or criticism would be helpful. Don't be afraid to comment on any of my blogs to correct or point an angle I didn't see.
Thanks for all your help!!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Podcasts as a teaching tool

Podcasts and internet videos make great teaching tools. They can visually display a complicated concept easily, and show that the information is relevant out side of class. . For example a lesson on the solar system.



I particularly like this video because its presented by a student in elementary school. It not only illustrates a lot of information (I can fast forward as needed) but it shows my class that they can also be smart,and do projects. It also teaches motivation. If Jordan can do it, I can do it too.
I would use this video as an introduction to a unite and as an attention getter to get the student excited.

No comments: